This Credit Guide sets out important information about us, the services we provide, and the person with whom you will be dealing.
We are required to provide this Credit Guide to you as soon as practicable after it becomes apparent that we are likely to provide credit assistance to you. We provide “credit assistance” when we:
1. suggest or assist you to apply for a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider; or
2. suggest or assist you to apply for an increase to the credit limit of a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider; or
3. suggest you remain in a particular credit contract with a particular credit provider.
What we will need from you
When we provide you with credit assistance, we must only recommend credit products that are not unsuitable for you.
To be able to determine which loan products are not unsuitable, we are required to complete a Preliminary Assessment. When we make this preliminary assessment, we determine:
• your requirements and objectives – that is, what kind of loan do you want, and for what purpose;
• your financial and relevant personal situation; and
• your ability to repay the loan that you are considering.
In assessing these factors, we are also required to take reasonable steps to verify some of the information you provide us.
This verification may include:
• asking you for copies of documents that demonstrate your financial situation – in some cases we may also need to sight original documents; and
• contacting third parties to assist in verifying the information that you provide.
Obtaining a copy of your Preliminary Assessment
If we haven’t already provided it to you, you may request a copy of our Preliminary Assessment, and we must give you a copy of it:
• at any time during the first 2 of years of completion of the assessment, within 7 business days; or
• between 2 years and 7 years after it was conducted we must provide it within 21 business days.
There is no charge for requesting or receiving a copy of the Preliminary Assessment.
How we get paid
We are paid commissions by lenders for introducing customers. The lenders we deal with will usually pay us a commission based on:
• the size of loan; and
• the particular loan product you have selected
We will only be paid this commission if your loan is settled and drawn down.
We may also be paid an ongoing commission by your lender based on the outstanding balance of your loan.
The commissions that we are paid by your lender are not payable by you – they are paid to us either directly by the lender, or paid to us by our Aggregator.
If you would like a detailed estimate of how much commission we would be paid by a particular lender for a particular product, we will provide this for you. We will also provide you with a detailed explanation of how this commission is calculated.
Certain lenders may also pay us a bonus based on the amount of business that we introduce to them. The lenders that currently have such arrangements with our Aggregator are:
Fees and charges that are payable by you in relation to our credit assistance
We sometimes charge a fee for our services. More details about the fees payable by you will be set out in a quote which we will give you before a finance application is lodged. You may obtain from us information about how these fees and charges are worked out and a reasonable estimate of those fees.
Our credit providers
We source credit products from a range of banks, lenders and other credit providers.
Other people we deal with
In many cases, we gain access to the loan products we recommend to you through the services of our Aggregator. In order to gain access to their panel lenders, our aggregator charges us a fee. This fee may be made up of several different components, including:
- a share of the commission that is paid by a lender as set out above
- a membership fee for our business
- a monthly fee for each of our accredited loan writers
If you would like us to provide an estimate of the share of the lender commission that may be retained by our aggregator, and how it is worked out, we will be pleased to provide this to you.
Referrers and Referral fees
In some cases, your business may have been referred to us by non-regulated third parties such as real estate agents, accountants, financial planners etc. Where this is the case, we may pay a referral fee to these parties. If we do pay a fee to these parties, then
- they should already have told you about this; and
- we will disclose the actual fee in our final documentation
Alternatively, if you want to know, you can ask us about the fees and we will tell you how much was paid and how it was worked out.
Dispute resolution and complaints
Whilst we always strive to provide the best possible service, we understand that there may be times where you are not satisfied. If this occurs, and you wish us to do something about it, we have a formal process in place to address your concerns.
If you do have a complaint, please contact us by whichever of the following means best suits you. If you choose to contact us by mail or email, please make sure you provide as much detail as possible about your complaint.
Phone: 0418 2000 70
Mail: 170 Girraween Rd Girraween NSW 2145
PO Box 369 Pendle Hill NSW 2145
ABN 35 160 296 935
Fortis Partners Licence Details
ACN 160 296 935
Australian Credit Licence Number: 534459
Things you should know
We don’t make any promises about the value of any property you finance with us or its future prospects. You should always rely on your own enquiries.
We don’t provide legal or financial advice. It is important you understand your legal obligations under the loan, and the financial consequences. If you have any doubts, you should obtain independent legal and financial advice before you enter any loan contract.